Friday, August 7, 2009

Upcoming Release to look out for


Advanced Edition Characters, A Player's Handbook of Advanced Edition Character Options for Labyrinth Lord. As Dan says, "It's very much an exercise in alternative evolution. "What if" the basic game, or really Oe, had evolved or added complexities but without the compatibility hiccups?

That's what Advanced Edition Characters will really do for Labyrinth Lord. "

I'm following the development of this very closely. I use my S&W and LL stuff interchangeably, almost seamlessly. While personally I am a great fan of S&W's three-character-class approach, I also let my players know I'm not going to shut them down if they really want to play a gnome, ranger, half-orc assassin, etc, and so this, I suspect, will become an invaluable playing aid for my campaign. And the cover art is brilliant.

Dan, if you need Torgo to run any errands for you, or sweep up, to help move this along, just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds lke exactly the way I ran my D&D games as a youngster- all the cool extra "options" from AD&D on the rules framework of the LBBs and later B/X.

    I don't own LL (in print), but may have to pick this up as an "alternate earth D&D Companion set"* to my beloved Moldvay/Mentzer/Cook books.


    *instead of the actual Companion set from Frank, which was not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about that cover art--build a better beholder and the world will brave deathtraps and man-hungry denizens to get to your wizard-locked door!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...