Saturday, March 6, 2010

Frickin' Fomalhaut Online!


If you're not familiar with Fomalhaut, then you're proabably not getting your Fight On! or Knockspell magazines. Gabor (aka Melan)'s stuff is the first thing I flip to when I get one of those mags, and re-read multiple times.

For the unfamiliar, Fomalhaut is a world of science-fantasy, not unlike a Wilderlands meets the Dying Earth meets Cthulhu combo, though that would be simplifying things alot. Mankind came to Fomalhaut long ago from the stars, used their technology to make it habitable, and then there was a big interstellar war and Fomalhaut got forgotten and things descended into a dark age and got... weird. The main campaign map and setting description are in Fight On! #3, btw. Its on my extremely short list of "campaign settings I'd like to run a game in if I ever get sick of Wilderlands" (2 whole settings, Fomalhaut and Sword & Sorcery Greyhawk). If you ever imagined shooting your crossbow at a Cthulhoid nighmare rising from a sunken island temple from the deck of your hovercraft, this the setting for you.

Anyway, you can now check out some Fomalhaut stuff online in English, so don't miss it. (Tip: "Tovabb" means "more" or "rest of the article" or something like that, I think, so click on that whenever you see it or you'll miss alot of each article).

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of Formalhaut and the link! I've been contemplating doing a much more explicitly science-fantasy campaign for my next D&D outing, and rather than messing around with the Wilderlands (which I tend to run with a more Silver Age high-fantasy flavor), this might be the perfect setting for my designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why you won't check out mine. hmmm . . . I like Melan's stuff a lot, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total admiration for Melan's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge Fomalhaut fan. Reading his stuff in Fight On! made me totally rework my campaign to be more Fomalhauterific!

    Thanks for the english link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post and comments! I cannot promise continuous updates, but I will try to at least build an online repository on the Fomalhaut and Wilderlands-related materials I have written, as well as a retrospective on lost or currently unreleased projects (The Quean Wastes, Tegel, The Wormshead Peninsula, The City State of Khosura). Not much in the way of actual new materials - for the time being, they will go in Fight On! and Knockspell. This is more of a public service for people who have asked for a centralised source of Fomalhaut information than a publication venue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Melan, you've got a lot fans here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a huge fan of Melan's stuff for ages. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...