Friday, July 24, 2026

Return to the Lands of Lyrion


Thought lost for many years to a burned-up laptop, as well as the disappearance of its original hosting site Grewulf.net, I was tickled to track down a copy of my old one-page Lands of Lyrion campaign setting, originally intended for Microlite20 and that game's original one-page design ethic, courtesy of the amazing Wayback Machine here. I devoted a good amount of wordage to the setting here on the blog, and it eventually ended up absorbed into the world of my Sword and Sorcery short stories (and Hyperborea RPG campaign).

Speaking of Microlite20, while it has become almost unrecognizably bloated in its most modern version(s), the OG combination of basic and expert rules ("Purest Essence") lives on at Donjon. Robin V. "Greywulf" Stacy appears to have vanished from the RPG community. I wonder what happened to him?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...